135A Pickett Lane, Durham, CT 06422 | 860.349.7200
The following are reports regarding the work of the sub committees of the Board of Education:
Chaired by Bob Fulton
Some achievements for the first half of the 12/13 school year include:
1. Accelerating budget time line.
2. Working with key administrators to develop a more strategic approach to the budget process. Have had one budget retreat with BOE and administrators and another is planned.
3. Will have 3-5 year cost trend analysis completed in order to assist all participants in the budget process in focusing on broader policy issues and in making strategic, policy based resource allocation decisions.
4. Have completed Utilization Study service provider firm interviews. Goal is to present BOE with recommendation(s) to provide funding for a utilization study during the 13/14 SY.
5. Field House Building Committee has presented Finance Committee with its recommendation for construction of athletic facility field house. Finance Committee is currently working on developing funding alternatives for BOE consideration.
6. Will be developing funding options and analysis regarding long term capital plan currently under review by the Building, Grounds and Transportation Committee.
7. Currently reviewing pension plan investment strategies with plan investment advisors.
Chaired by Bob Fulton
Most of the Committee's efforts to date have centered around working with the Administration on the rollout to the upgraded District website and on developing Board and Board Committee pages.
Chaired by Nancy Boyle
The focus of the Building, Grounds and Transportation Sub Committee of the Board for the 2012-2013 school year is to do a physical walkthrough of each of the 6 schools to have a better understanding of the capital needs for each school in order to update our capital and long range planning goals.
The committee is working alongside Rob Francis to determine and prioritize the needs of all 6 of the schools so that we are in a position to make recommendations to the Board as to what projects need to be done. The Board will then determine the financing and ultimately edit and adopt the Long Range and Capital Plan.